Blog 1: The Story of A.A.L.S. (Awesome Animal Life Savers)

So, I LOVE animals. It’s simple. But I took my love for animals farther than I ever thought I would. Here’s the story….. In third grade, I was very shy until I met a girl named Kristin. We became best friends and talked all the time. One day we were having lunch in the cafeteria and we were talking about what we wanted to do when we grew up. We both said we wanted to help animals and help stop abuse. We decided that it would be cool to make an animal loving club. We named it A.A.L.S. (Awesome Animal Life Savers)We invited only our closest friends to be in the club. Kristin and I were the two club presidents sense we had made up the club. We did a few lemonade stands here and there, had club meetings, and walked around the class with our posters we made to show our classmates. It wasn’t really much but little did we know that this club would turn into something much bigger in a few years.

In fourth grade, Kristin and I weren’t in the same class. Therefore, we didn’t do much with the club. We did one or two lemonade stands but we weren’t nearly as excited about it than we were when we first made the club in third grade. Sure, it was always in the back of our minds that we should still be working on it, but we rarely brought it up.The club was pretty much dead. Or so we thought.

In fifth grade me, Kristin, and a lot of the other club members were all in the same class. Kristin and I got chosen for a core extension class called Genius Hour. It was a class for kids with good grades to pursue their passion. On one of the first few days that we had that class, we wrote on a sticky note our passion and kristin and I both put something about animals. We decided of course to work together and work on A.A.L.S. We created a website with many pages, slideshows, and even songs that we wrote. We worked very hard on all of it and were very happy with the outcome. We are working on our website. Thanks for reading! Also, please keep up to date on reading my blogs. I will keep posting!

…Ava out!!

MartyCreative Commons License William Warby via Compfight